Inaugural Africa Construction Law Conference
We are delighted to be hosting a two day conference in Johannesburg with Pinsent Masons discussing construction law issues in an African context.
The experience of Keating Chambers and Pinsent Masons will be combined with senior members of the South African Bar. The conference is aimed at engineers, contract managers, in-house legal and others involved in the operational aspects of the infrastructure and energy sectors, and local law firms are also invited to attend.
Speakers and Topics
Keating speakers and topics are listed below, or the entire agenda can be found here.
- Overview of Infrastructure Disputes in Southern Africa – Robert Gaitskell QC
- The Influence of the Duty of Good Faith on Construction Contract Obligations – Johan Beyers
- Latest Approaches to Concurrent Delay – Jane Lemon QC
- Effective Use of Dispute Boards/Adjudication Panel Discussion – Abdul Jinadu
- Acceleration Claims – Sarah Williams
- Regional Arbitration Centres in Africa Prospects for CAJAC Challenges and Opportunities – Dawid Welgemoed
- Alternative Rights to Terminate a Commercial Contract: Successful Use and Liability for Misuse – David Thomas QC
Date: 21-22 February 2018
Venue: The Wanderers Club, 21 North Street, Illovo, Johannesburg, 2196
Day 1: Coffee an registration from 9am | Drinks and Networking from 5:30pm
Day 2: Coffee an registration from 9am | Departures at 5pm
Registration: To sign up to this event, visit the designated registration website.