Mr Justice Coulson
Peter Coulson joined Chambers in 1983 and became one of its busiest Juniors. He was led by Humphrey LLoyd QC in Ashville v Elmer  QB 488 which confirmed the power of Arbitrators to grant rectification, and by Anthony May QC and Christopher Thomas QC in McAlpine v McDermott (1992) 58 BLR 1. He also appeared in the Chancery Division in Regalian Properties v LDDC  1 WLR 212, a case about restitution and quasi contract. He took Silk in 2002 and then, still at the start of a flourishing leading practice, accepted appointment as a Senior Circuit Judge in the Technology and Construction Court in 2004. In 2008 he was appointed a judge of the High Court , continuing to sit in the TCC. In 2017 he was appointed a judge of the Court of Appeal.
Peter Coulson was the first appointment from Chambers to the TCC in modern times but historically followed two earlier appointments: Edward Pollock, the Founder of Chambers, was appointed as the fourth Official Referee (as TCC Judges were then known) in 1897. He was knighted in 1922 and continued to hold office until retirement from the Bench at the age of 86. Shortly after Pollock’s retirement Charles Pitman KC was appointed, in 1933, as an Official Referee on the death of GA Scott – the originator of the Scott Schedule. HH Judge Coulson QC, therefore, follows in a distinguished line of former members of Chambers.