Tel: +44 (0)20 7544 2600
Louise Randall was called to the Bar in 1988 and has been a practising barrister since 1989. After practising for a year in commercial and shipping law, she joined Keating Chambers and has since specialised in construction and engineering disputes and related professional negligence claims.
Her practice covers the full range: advisory and drafting work pre- and post commencement of proceedings; advocacy in respect of building and engineering standard and bespoke contracts; warranties, bonds and guarantees; claims by or against employers, contractors, sub-contractors and related professionals (architects, engineers, surveyors, valuers). She has also been involved in health and safety and other regulatory work.
Significant recent cases have included major civil engineering disputes relating to bridges, docks, dams, road works and offshore oil production. She has acted for domestic and international companies, public authorities, consultancies and professionals.
She has appeared in the High Court, Court of Appeal and House of Lords, as well as in arbitration proceedings, and has acted for clients at all stages of the adjudication process.
- Acting for UK/Swedish Joint Venture in TCC proceedings concerning substantial delay and disruption cross claims arising out of the design and construction of a hotel in London.
- Acting for the main contractor defendant in multi-party TCC proceedings for recovery of damages circa. £4 million relating to the failure of a slope stabilisation scheme adjacent to an extensive manufacturing facility in the UK.
- Acting for main contractor and developer jointly in multi-party TCC proceedings concerning allegations of defective design and workmanship relating to the development of a property at Brighton Aquarium.
- Advising on, drafting and acting in proceedings relating to main and sub-contracts valued in excess of £100 million for owner/operator of major UK dockyard providing nuclear servicing facilities to the MOD.
- Acting in arbitration jointly for main civil engineering contractor and its earthworks sub-contractor for recovery of sums in excess of £6 million relating to the design and construction of a major by-pass in the UK.
- Acting in arbitration between main civil engineering contractor and employer for recovery of claims valued at £70 million relating to the design and construction of a cable stayed suspension bridge in the UK.
- Acting for dredging contractors involved in the construction of the Cardiff Bay Barrage in TCC proceedings brought in nuisance/negligence against third parties responsible for the construction of an adjacent bridge and in subsequent TCC proceedings brought against insurers of the Cardiff Bay Barrage project.
- Acting for electrical engineering sub-contractor in arbitration against main contractor for recovery of claims in excess of £15 million relating to the design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of the power, cabling and conductor Rail Systems for the Jubilee Line Extension Project.
- Advising on and drafting international contractor’s claims in relation to a contract valued at £30 million for the design and construction of a new Combined Heat and Power Plant at an existing chemical facility in the UK.
- Acting for owners of a North Sea FPSO in TCC proceedings concerning the design and supply of gas compressors as part of conversion works undertaken to the ship.
- Advising UK client in connection with termination of a gas infrastructure development project located in Bangladesh
- Advising USA client on design and construction regulations applicable to telecommunications contracts entered into in the UK.
- Acting for UK client in Commercial Court proceedings brought against it by USA company relating to assaying services performed on mineral products shipped from South Africa to Finland.