RICS Legal Issues in Construction Conference
We are pleased to continue our association with the RICS Legal Issues in Construction Conference. This annual event provides delegates with an essential briefing on key developments and changes in construction law with potential to directly impact their working practice.
Topics and Speakers
Speakers from Keating Chambers and Pinsent Masons will be joined by Ian Cowling (BAM Nuttall) who will offer the contractor’s perspective on NEC and The Hon Mrs Justice O’Farrell DBE who will provide an adjudication update. Other topics include:
- What amounts to a condition precedent? (Simon Hargreaves QC)
- NEC legal update (Shy Jackson, Partner, Pinsent Masons)
- Limiting liability in contracts (Sarah Williams)
- Getting paid, what has changed since Latham? (Lawrence Davies, Partner, Pinsent Masons)
- Delay: Case law update (Harry Smith)
- Grenfell/Hackitt – the impact on legal liability (Zoe de Courcy Arbiser, Partner, Pinsent Masons)
Reasons to attend:
- Benefit from an examination of recent case law developments and outcomes to ensure you are up to speed on recent judgments and legal precedent.
- Hear from an expert panel of speakers offering leading legal advice on a range of contentious issues with the potential to directly impact you and your business practices
- Take away practical knowledge and tools to apply in your own business for avoiding legal pitfalls
- Have your questions answered and benefit from the experience of others with time specifically set aside for both Q&A and networking.
Title: Legal Issues in Construction Conference
Date: Tuesday 5 November 2019
Time: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Venue: Cavendish Conference Centre, 22 Duchess Mews, Marylebone, London, W1G 9DT
Cost: Early Bird (Expires 13 September) RICS Professionals @ £220 + VAT and Non-RICS Professionals @ £305 + VAT
Register via the RICS website