KC Legal Update – Autumn/Winter 2020
Date: 10 December 2020
KC Legal Update Autumn/Winter 2020 has now been published.
ARTICLES INCLUDED IN THIS ISSUE:
- Approach to Quantum Meruit Following Repudiation of a Construction Contract – In this article Simon Hughes QC is joined by Elena Stojcevski and Nick Laurie of Corrs Chambers Westgarth to compare the positions in Australia and the United Kingdom
- The Gutting of Section 106 of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 (Part 1) – Abdul Jinadu considers the TCC’s approach to the HGCRA in the first of a two-parter.
- Essex V UBB Waste – Case Report by Marcus Taverner QC, Piers Stansfield QC and Paul Buckingham (who acted for the successful Claimant).
- When the Gamble Doesn’t Pay Off– Fionnuala McCredie QC and Rachael O’Hagan review the Rail Franchising Litigation judgment (in which they acted for the successful Defendant)
- Stranger Things? – A discussion of New Obligations and Jurisdictions in international Investment Treaties and Arbitrations by Sean Wilken QC and John McMillan
- Experts Beware – Philip Boulding QC considers the historical roots of expert witnesses and subsequent developments in caselaw
- Remote Hearings – An Interview with Justin Mort QC
- International Construction Law Conference – a note on the virtual conference which took place in September 2020.