London International Disputes Week (LIDW)
Date: 7-10 May 2019
We are delighted to be one of the founding members of London International Disputes Week (LIDW). Taking place on 7-10 May 2019, LIDW brings together legal practitioners from around the world to celebrate the heritage of London as a centre for handling disputes through a programme of interactive sessions.
Spanning four days, LIDW comprises a 1-day conference at the National Gallery and 18 sessions on different types of disputes and forms of dispute resolution. It is aimed at lawyers, judges, arbitrators, academics and others involved in using or administrating dispute resolution from around the world and hailing from numerous sectors. There will also be many opportunities to enjoy networking with colleagues, including a welcome drinks reception at Banking Hall and a gala dinner at historic Mansion House.
As part of the programme of events, we are pleased to be co-hosts of the following sessions:
- Mediating international disputes – 9 May 2019 | 08:00 – 09:30 – speakers include Robert Evans
- Energy disputes in a disrupted world – 9 May 2019 | 10:00 – 13:00 – speakers include Simon Hughes QC
- International construction disputes – 10 May 2019 | 12:00 – 15:00 – speakers include Rosemary Jackson QC and Adam Constable QC
Event Details and Registration
- Tuesday, 7 May: 09:00 – 17:00 | LIDW Day 1 (various locations)
- Tuesday, 7 May: 18:00 – 21:00 | LIDW Opening Drinks at Banking Hall
- Wednesday, 8 May: 08:30 – 17:30 | Main Conference “London international disputes: present and future”
- Wednesday, 8 May: 07:30 – 03:00 | Post-conference party for the Young and Young at Heart
- Thursday, 9 May: 09:00 – 17:00 | LIDW Day 3 (various locations)
- Thursday, 9 May: 19:30 – 22:00 | LIDW Gala Dinner
- Friday, 10 May: 10:00 – 17:00 | LIDW Day 4 (various locations)
Registration costs £100 per delegate. The full programme and information on how to register can be found on the LIDW website.