London Pulse Netball Update
Date: 5 July 2021
Keating Chambers are delighted to confirm a second year of supporting London Pulse, one of the elite netball Superleague teams in the UK. Keating commenced their partnership with London Pulse in July 2020 with a plan to arrange a Corporate Netball Cup at the Copperbox in early 2021. Circumstances in the last year have meant that we were unable to deliver on the Cup but we are looking to reschedule the tournament for early 2022.
In the meantime, we have continued to provide financial support to the club via the provision of funding to support talented athletes who otherwise would not be able to afford to be part of the London Pulse academy programme.
Pulse’s 2021 Season
London Pulse recently completed their 2021 season with a series of three back-to-back victories, thereby securing themselves a top 8 league position and the chance to fight it out in the Fast-5s later this year. Following close-fought matches with some of the Top 4 teams, their last game of the season saw a 46:33 win against local rival Saracens Mavericks.
Off the court, Pulse have been positioning themselves as the “beating heart of netball in London”, driving forward with a number of exciting initiatives including:
- Joining forces with other elite sports teams to create a Women’s Elite Sports Partnership;
- Partnering with Metro Blind Sports to make netball sessions accessible to the blind and visually impaired;
- Committing to their netball pathway and advancing their youth teams with the enhancement of their Train, Educate, Inspire Programme;
- Teaming up with the Metropolitan Police’s youth engagement officers to run a netball experience day for young women and girls as part of a wider prevention initiative that looks to use sport as a positive outlet;
- Setting up an international hub in the UAE;
- Launching a talented athlete bursary to enable talented athletes to participate in performance netball with no barriers to entry; and
- Starting important conversations around women’s sporting needs by agreeing partnerships with Iceni and Triumph.
We are excited to support London Pulse in their 2022 Superleague Campaign and look forward to announcing the date of our Corporate Cup in due course.