Construction Law 101 Course
The course, presented jointly by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and by the Society of Construction Law for Africa, will offer a basic introduction to construction law principles, standard form construction contracts and construction dispute resolution. It is aimed at construction professionals, junior lawyers, contractors, employers and students in the construction profession and legal fields.
Topics covered include:
- An introduction to the legal relationships in a construction project and the main sources of construction law.
- The construction project environment, and its influence on construction law principles.
- Standard form construction contracts: the recognised standard forms in South Africa, risk distribution and construction contract mechanisms and processes common to all standard forms.
- The role and liability of project managers, surveyors, designers, contract administrators, architects and engineers on construction projects.
- Construction claims, notification and time-barring.
- Construction disputes and alternative dispute resolution processes.
Date: 23 April 2018, 9.00am to 15.00pm
Course Costs: RICS members 50% discount R 600 | SCL Africa members 75% discount R300 | Non-members R1200
Venue:Garden City Hotel, cnr West & Maude street, Johannesburg
RSVP to: Alex: email@example.com by 18 April 2018