International Construction Law Conference
We are pleased to be involved in this international construction law conference taking place online on Thursday 10 September. This is a full day event with a keynote speech by Dame Finola O’Farrell DBE QC, Judge in Charge of the Technology and Construction Courts. Krista Lee QC will be on a panel at 3:40pm with James Clarke (BCLP), Hamish Lal (Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld) and Arjun Agarwal (Chevron Corporation) to discuss “How differing international norms and practices in respect of disclosure and factual witnesses is embraced in the alternative forums for construction dispute resolution in London”.
This conference unites the foremost international construction law practitioners from 24 leading law firms, chambers and expert consultancies, along with a number of senior in-house lawyers and industry experts. The conference will overview London as a centre of excellence for the resolution of international construction disputes and provide delegates with a series of interesting and topical sessions on aspects of construction law and dispute resolution. The rest of the programme, and details on how to register, can be found below. All sessions are free to attend.
- Advanced technologies and the role of the expert: Vivek Kapoor (39 Essex Chambers), Howard Gendler (HKA), and Tanya Gross (Ankura).
- Life after death – contested issues following a termination: Tony Dymond (Debevoise & Plimpton), James Howells QC (Atkin Chambers), James Bowling (4 Pump Court), and Jane Jenkins (Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer).
- Can’t we just sort this out nicely? Contractual and non-contractual strategies for avoiding or amicably resolving disputes: Adrian Bell (CMS), Charles Blamire-Brown(Pinsent Masons), David Pliener (Hardwicke Chambers), and Steve Abrahams (Baker McKenzie)
- The increasing role of dispute boards in the international arena: Nicholas Gould (Fenwick Elliott), Lindy Patterson QC (39 Essex), and Nelson Ogunshakin (FIDIC).
- New technology = fewer disputes?: Emma Schaafsma (Herbert Smith Freehills), Julian Bailey (White & Case), Angus Rankin, (Hogan Lovells), and Ewen Maclean (Blackrock Expert Services).
- Ensuring that arbitration meets the needs of each case: Philip Clifford QC (Latham & Watkins), Anna Mills (DLA Piper), Professor Renato Nazzini (Kings College London), and Jonathan Hosie (Mayer Brown).
- Client perspectives and experiences on international arbitration arising out of major projects: James Pickavance (Jones Day), Karin Griggel (Linde Engineering), Sevag Panossian (Consolidated Contractors Company), and Tim Williams (Wärtsilä).
Please register your interest by clicking on the Eventbrite link: