Managing A Mixed Civil / Common Law Arbitral Panel In International Construction Arbitration
We are delighted to invite you to a panel discussion for LIDW21: “Managing a mixed civil / common law arbitral panel in international construction arbitration”.
This event will be chaired by Andrew Goddard QC (Barrister, Atkin Chambers), with panel members Veronique Buehrlen QC (Barrister, Keating Chambers), Paul Lowrie (Partner, Clyde & Co) and Emily Monastiriotis (Partner, Simmons & Simmons).
The panel will explore the relationship between different legal cultures in the context of parties facing a mixed civil/common law arbitral panel in international construction arbitration.
They will examine current trends and divergence/convergence of approaches taken across a number of key areas including:
- Procedural orders, including memorials/pleadings, and hearing protocols.
- Determining the applicable law.
- Documentary evidence, including privilege.
- Treatment of oral evidence, inquisitorial and adversarial approaches and sequestration of witnesses.
- Treatment of expert evidence.
The event is jointly hosted by Atkin Chambers and Keating Chambers.
This virtual panel event is free to attend. To secure your place, please register here.
By registering you are sharing your information with Atkin Chambers and Keating Chambers, who will only use it to communicate with you regarding this event.