On Wednesday 18 November the Worshipful Company of Arbitrators (WCA) are hosting their annual Keating Symposium. Moderated by Professor John Uff CBE QC, the panels, including Robert Gaitskell QC and Alexander Nissen QC, will discuss ways in which practitioners can resolve disputes in the current climate. There will also be a presentation by Mrs Justice O’Farrell DBE on ‘The Courts in a time of Covid’. The full programme and details on how to join, can be found below.
WCA Webinar: “Resolving your disputes – make the most of now”
Wednesday 18th November 2020 at 5pm. This is a virtual event (over Zoom) and there is no charge for attending. All welcome
The Keating Symposium brings together leading exponents and appointing bodies from the Private Dispute Resolution Community to discuss ways in which practitioners can resolve disputes in the current climate.
It is a unique opportunity to hear from the appointers and to gain insights from established professionals. The format will be 3 presentations & 2 panels.
The panels, moderated by Professor John Uff CBE QC are interactive and attendees may submit questions in advance.
- Welcome: Alexander Nissen QC, Head of Keating Chambers.
- Keynote Address: The Courts in a time of Covid – Mrs Justice O’Farrell DBE
- Presentation: The role of expert evidence in dispute resolution – David Barry
- Presentation: Dispute Resolution in the Middle East – Shourav Lahiri
- Panel discussion on Arbitral Institutions chaired by Robert Gaitskell QC – Panellists include Guy Pendell (ICC, Co-Chair, UK Arbitration Committee), Lewis Johnstone (CIArb, Head of Policy & External Affairs) and Wing Shek (LCIA, Senior Counsel)
- Panel discussion on Dispute resolution (experts, dispute boards, mediation and adjudication) chaired by Dr Chris McArdle – Panellists include John Papworth (DRBF), John Munton (CEDR), and Martin Burns (RICS)
- Vote of Thanks: Master of the WCA – Margaret Bickford-Smith QC