Wen Jin Teh
Tel: +44 (0)20 7544 2600
Wen Jin Teh was called to the Bar in 2020 and became a tenant at Keating Chambers in 2021 following successful completion of pupillage.
During his pupillage, Wen Jin gained experience of Chambers’ main practice areas including construction and engineering, professional negligence, procurement, planning and environment, and international arbitration. In addition to assisting on contentious and advisory matters in those fields, he has also appeared as sole counsel in adjudication proceedings and in the County Court.
Wen Jin read law at the University of Cambridge, where he was awarded the George Long Prize (for the best Jurisprudence script) alongside various other faculty and college prizes. Having grown up in Singapore, he is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and is familiar with the East Asian and Southeast Asian region.
- Final hearing (Coventry County Court) – appeared on behalf of the Defendant and successfully defended against a claim alleging improper termination of a construction contract.
- Drafted Particulars of Claim and Reply in a claim against welding sub-contractors following a fire in a power plant.
- Drafted Particulars of Claim against the architect and main contractor in relation to design and workmanship defects in a housing development.
- Drafted Particulars of Claim seeking enforcement of an adjudicator’s decision that the employer had failed to properly assess Compensation Events under an amended NEC3 PSC contract.
- Drafted Defence in a multi-party dispute concerning defective works in a luxury residential development.
- Drafted Defence and Counterclaim in a dispute concerning the provision of commercial cleaning services in relation to multiple construction contracts.
- Drafted Particulars of Claim against a sub-contractor in relation to the negligent installation of a false ceiling which collapsed and caused property damage and personal injury.
- Drafted Particulars of Claim against a sub-contractor in relation to the negligent design, supply and installation of cement screed in a care home development.
- Assisted in advising an NDPB on the prospects of defending a claim of apparent bias brought against it by an unsuccessful tenderer in relation to the development of HS2.
- Assisted in preparations for the cross-examination of multiple key witnesses in a planning appeal inquiry concerning a proposed retirement development.
- Drafted Statement of Defence in relation to an arbitration under the CIMAR 2011 rules concerning a water leak following renovation works to a luxury apartment.
- Assisted in advising a contractor on the prospects of enforcing an arbitral award against the sub-contractor’s parent and other related companies in the United Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates.
- Assisted in preparations for the cross-examination of multiple key witnesses in an ICC arbitration concerning the construction of a fuel loading jetty.
- Assisted the tribunal in an ICC arbitration concerning the termination of two FIDIC construction contracts in relation to the development of hospitals in Ghana.
- Advised the owner on the recoverability of damages under a JCT Design and Build Sub-contract in relation to a water leak at a residential building where the parties had entered into a joint names insurance policy.
- Advised a contractor on the merits of a claim against the employer in relation to the improper assessment of the parties’ respective pain contributions under an amended NEC3 contract utilising payment Option C.
- Advised a contractor on the proper assessment of a Compensation Event under an amended NEC4 contract utilising payment Option A.
- Assisted in advising an NHS trust on the proper interpretation of the service provider’s obligations under a PFI contract.
- Assisted in advising a contractor on quantum in relation to a dispute concerning the refurbishment of an office building in Singapore.
- Drafted Notice of Adjudication and Referral Notice in relation to an employer’s failure to respond to the contractor’s interim applications for payment.
- Drafted Notice of Adjudication and Referral Notice in relation to a claim against a contractor concerning the defective installation of fire stopping measures at multiple residential developments.
- Drafted Response and Rejoinder in relation to a ‘smash and grab’ adjudication pursuant to a construction contract under the FIDIC Green Book.
- Drafted Response and Rejoinder in a final account dispute concerning the supply and installation of ventilation ductwork in a carpark.
- Advised a contractor on its entitlement to refer a dispute to adjudication under a bespoke design and build contract.
- Advised a contractor on the prospects of resisting enforcement of an adjudicator’s decision on the basis that the adjudicator had failed to consult the parties on the grounds of that decision.