KC Legal Update – Summer 2020
Date: 17 June 2020
ARTICLES INCLUDED IN THIS ISSUE:
- “It’s Complicated”: Dechiphering the English Government’s Response to SARS-COV-2 and its Impact on Contracts – The English² Government’s response to SARS-CoV-2 is legally and factually complicated. In this article Sean Wilken QC unpacks the elements of it and looks at how they may impact on the contracts that people may have.
- A Critical Look at Broseley London v Prime Asset – Harry Smith discusses whether permitting a final account adjudication would have been a “remarkable intrusion”.
- Group Loyalty – A Company v X and Others – Jennie Wild discusses whether expert witnesses owe a fiduciary duty to their clients.
- Coronavirus, Adjudication and Injunctions – James Frampton discussed the procedural impact of the coronavirus on construction litigation.
- Whose Risk is it Anyway? – Sean Wilken QC discusses performance security as the global financial system moves into a time of considerable stress and uncertainty.
- Brief Encounters – John McMillan discusses his move to Keating Chambers and the highlights of his legal career so far.