International Women’s Day – CIArb
CIArb’s annual International Women’s Day event will be held online this year and is entitled “Children of the Revolution: Boldly going towards new gender diversity frontiers in international arbitration“. There will be a keynote speech by Amanda J. Lee FCIArb followed by a panel discussion of “Things I Did Right” featuring Rosemary Jackson QC. The panellists will discuss the challenges and rewards of their careers and reflect on important questions for women professionals, including:
- Do professional women have to choose between success and likeability?
- Is the glass ceiling at home?
- Whether Zoom is a help or a hindrance.
- Is ‘having it all’ a trap?
The full programme and information on how to join the event can be found below.
- 5.00pm – 5.15pm Welcome address by CIArb President 2021 Ann Ryan Robertson C.Arb FCIArb
- 5.15pm – 5.20pm Introductory remarks by Lucy Greenwood C.Arb FCIArb
- 5.20pm – 6.05pm International Women’s Day keynote speech by Amanda J. Lee FCIArb
- (5 min break)
- 6.10pm – 6.55pm Panel discussion: Rosemary Jackson QC, Susan Lindsey C.Arb FCIArb, Dorothy Udeme Ufot SAN C.Arb FCIArb and Kim Franklin QC C.Arb FCIArb (moderator)
- 6.55pm Closing remarks and end of event by CIArb Director General Catherine Dixon
This online event will take place at 5.00pm GMT. Attendance to this event is free of charge, but pre-registration is required via the following link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_jpZMu9SEQ_abULxbYezaMA