WCA Keating Symposium 2021
On Thursday 18 November the Worshipful Company of Arbitrators (WCA) are hosting their annual Keating Symposium. Moderated by Professor John Uff CBE QC, the panels, including Dr Robert Gaitskell QC and Alexander Nissen QC, will discuss ways in which practitioners can resolve disputes in the current climate and in the foreseeable future.
There will also be a keynote address by Mrs Justice O’Farrell DBE. The full programme and details on how to join, can be found below.
WCA Webinar: “Virtually Successful Dispute Resolution”
Thursday 18 November 2021 at 5pm. This is a virtual event (over Zoom) and there is no charge for attending. All welcome.
The Keating Symposium brings together leading exponents and appointing bodies from the Private Dispute Resolution Community to discuss ways in which practitioners can resolve disputes in the current climate and in the foreseeable future.
It is a unique opportunity to hear from the appointers and to gain insights from established professionals. The format will be 3 presentations & 2 panels.
The panels, moderated by Professor John Uff CBE QC are interactive and attendees may submit questions in advance.
- Welcome: Alexander Nissen QC, Head of Keating Chambers.
- Keynote Address: You are muted! – Mrs Justice O’Farrell DBE
- Presentation: Assessing expert evidence in dispute resolution – Dr Chris McArdle
- Presentation:Dispute Resolution in India – Arish Bharucha
- Panel discussion on Arbitral Organisations chaired by Wing Shek (LCIA, Deputy Registrar) – Panellists include Guy Pendell (ICC, Co-Chair, UK Arbitration Committee), Lewis Johnstone (CIArb, Assistant Director for Policy & External Affairs) and James Clanchy (LMAA, Arbitrator, Hon Secretary).
- Panel discussion on Dispute resolution (dispute boards, mediation and adjudication) chaired by Dr Robert Gaitskell QC – Panellists include John Papworth (DRBF), Lauren McGuirl (CEDR), and Martin Burns (RICS)
- Vote of Thanks: Master of the WCA – Martyn Bradish